- What can I say about Jim Brockmire?
- Coswell slices one foul.
Oh, that hit a bird.
- He's one of the greats, he's that good.
- There's no better voice to spend an evening with.
- Pedro delivers a slider into the dirt.
Count even's one and one.
- His work speaks for itself, literally.
- Gelatin is made from the bones
of slaughtered cows and pigs.
- Jim deserves to be celebrated.
Next to those who've come before,
and to those who will follow.
- Brockmire's impact will be felt for generations.
And it is time that we give him
the recognition that he's due.
- He deserves to get some credit,
and a trophy or.
- He's the reason I'm still a sportscaster.
Wait a minute,
Jim Brockmire got into
the Baseball Hall of Fame?
I thought we were here for the Emmys.
- Is this some kind of joke?
- Brockmire's going to the Hall of Fame before me?
- Yeah, yeah, he may have done
some great things for broadcasting,
but Jim Brockmire
is a grade-A asshole.
- Is nothing sacred anymore?
- You know, this interview's over,
and I didn't sign any release, so kill it all.
- This is bullshit.
- Oh, an Emmy nomination, fine.
Call me when you win one, pal.
Or maybe something like, I don't know, 28.
Oh, and by the way, I'm the 2018
Ford C. Frick Award winner,
so Jim Brockmire can just choke on that.